Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Although it was cold and a little snowy here in Logan it was a fun and relaxing weekend for us.
Last weekend we took Jonas to the Easter Egg hunt at our gym. It was so much fun for him and he got loaded up on eggs and candy!
Scott's Dad is running for Senate again. So this past Thursday he had his picture taken with all his Grand kids to use in his flyer's and website. So we were able to dress all the kids early for Easter. I let Jonas pick out and outfit this year and I'm not going to lie it was just about the curtest thing. He was so proud of his outfit and felt so handsome that he had a constant smile on his face. He kept asking me to take pictures of him because he just felt so good about himself.

Jonas with his buddy Zilla
These are two pictures I got of Jonas in the studio really quick before the photographer came in.
Jonas with his cousins outside the studioOne thing that I find fun about joining families is you discover different holiday traditions. In Scott's family the Easter bunny always hides baskets eggs and little cereal boxes. The cereal boxes was new to me and has been such a fun tradition to add to our family. Jonas really looks forward to it. In fact this year I forgot to go and by the cereal and late Saturday night he said he couldn't wait to see how much cereal the Easter Bunny brought. So as soon as he was in bed I of coarse ran to Walmart to pick some up!
Jonas with his basket Eater morning
Jonas with his Easter loot
We had the pleasure of having Audrey come to see us Easter afternoon and spend the day with us. Jonas was so happy to see her.
I love this next picture because it is so typical of Jonas. He is just the happiest kid but can turn on you quicker than you can blink your eye. These two pictures were literally taken within seconds of each other.
We went to the Bradley's for Easter dinner and afterwards the kids were able to have an Easter egg hunt. They all had so much fun! Here is Audrey and Jonas looking through all the fun treasures he found.
One thing that was really special for Scott and I this year is that we really took the time to teach Jonas the importance and meaning of Easter. Every year we do this but this year he just really took it in. It was so special for us to see him contemplate the love our Saviour had for us that he would die for us. It is so amazing to me how intelligent children are and how much they truly do understand. I am so thankful for my Savior and for his sacrifice for us, and I am thankful for Easter and the time it gives us to ponder what an amazing gift He has given us.

2 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

I love the grumpy Jonas picture. It reminds me of Charlotte. It must be an age thing. He looks so cute in his Easter duds.

Audrey is so grown up! Last time I saw her in person, she might have been 10. Where does the time go?

I'm waiting for a Crystal prego picture. 11 days left... so close. Did you go early with Jonas? Good luck!

Danielle said...

How fun! Jonas looks so good in his Easter Clothes:) Hope you are doing good!