Monday, March 22, 2010

Jonas' Birthday Party

Well this year I was NOT going to do a birthday party for Jonas but I will willing admit that I am the BIGGEST sucker when it comes to this kid!!! So I decided that since his favorite thing to do is go swimming and that this not only would be his last birthday as an only child but one of his last weekends as an only child that we would have a fun family get away at a hotel with a pool so we could swim all weekend! We were originally thinking of going down to SLC but decided to go to Sherwood Hills Resort in Logan Canyon so that his cousins could come up and go swimming with him as well.
We stayed two nights. The first day we got there and Scott and Jonas went swimming for two hours, then we went out to eat and got back in time to meet Jonas' cousins to swim some more. I even swam and I do not like to swim. We swam for 4 hours that night and it was SOOOO much fun. They have the nicest and warmest indoor pool, baby pool and a really nice hot tub with a waterfall in it.
On the second day Jonas and I got up early to swim some more while Scott slept in. Once again SOOOO much fun! Then we all went to Brigham City to get lunch and just drive around the canyon for a while. Then we got back to the hotel and got ready for his party. We had all his cousins aunts and uncles and Grandma and Grandpa Bradley over for pizza, presents and yes more swimming!!! Everybody swam and had so much fun, and yes we swam for 4 more more hours. Talk about water logged! So here are a few pictures from the weekend!


Jonas with his birthday cake! Grandma and Grandpa Bought the Scooby Doo action figures! (Jonas' new obsession) I wanted to put the mystery machine on the cake too but it was too big! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa it was definitely the favorite of all the presents.

Opening the mystery machine. The picture is a little blurry but I love it because it shows how truly excited about it!
Blowing out the candles!
Swimming Fun!

Playing with his moon sand! Yea from now on it is an outside toy!
Jonas new birthday outfit!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Jonas!!! We sure miss you- look like you had a great time!

Pedersen Posse said...

Happy belated Birthday Jonas! He looks so grown up in his new outfit. I love how you worded the moon sand being an outside toy now. Ha, ha! Sounds like he had a great, memorable birthday. What a fun Mom you are!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday (late) Jonas! Looks like you guys had fun (and p.s...mom's are ALWAYS suckers for birthday parties I do believe!). Can I just say that Jonas is SO big! When I look at pictures I just think of like a linebacker or something...he is getting huge! Hope all is going well with you guys. Little baby girl is on her way very soon now and I can't wait to see pics!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

You are one great Mama! I think it's fantastic that you opted for his birthday - 5 is a big deal and 5 solo is a bigger deal. Good job! Happy Birthday to him!